Streamlining Your Maintenance Management with Mobile CMMS
Mobile has surged as our channel of choiceâand apps our new currency.
Capterra’s 2017 report states that the #1 trend companies are moving toward is the ship to their workforce becoming more tech-savvy with mobile.
- 15-25% more productivity from Technicians
- Weâre using personal devices for work: 45% of millennials and 18% of older generations.
- Just one company saved $5000 to $7000 on data entry alone
In the U.S., weâre spending an average of 151 minutes looking at our smartphone screen. Anytime we want a status update or notification, we check our phone. Last year, we checked them an average of 85 times a day! Itâs an obvious and preferred mode of connection, research, and productivity. So why do so many maintenance organizations and maintenance managers fall back to Excel, printouts, or handwritten notes when thereâs likely an app for that?
For maintenance managers and planners specifically, itâs essential to know the current status of all jobs in the backlog. This type of data (and more) has traditionally been stored in a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
Now, all of that valuable information is available in the pockets of maintenance planners and technicians alike, with mobile CMMS applications. As CMMS goes mobile, keeping a pulse on your organizationâs truly current job status is possible. Mobile CMMS brings opportunities for better, real-time insights; improved department-wide productivity; and a connected on-the-go workforce.
3 Reasons to Take Your CMMS Mobile
Companies that integrate mobile for CMMS surge ahead of the competition, and future-proof facility operations. They save time, have better access to information, leave a kinder environmental footprintâand at the end of the day, are more productive because of it.
1. Save time. When it comes to building a world-class organization, uptime is a top priority. Think in terms of operations and employeesâand making the most of each moment.
With mobile, managers and techs spend less time receiving instructions, gathering tools or materials, traveling to and from the site, etc., and more time completing maintenance tasks. How does mobile make a difference? Techs now have in-app access to mobile work order signatures, can log wrench time with a stop-start timer, and can upload images or video using the deviceâs camera. Technicians can receive alerts about new work assignments instantly, and work requesters can obtain minute-by-minute status updates.
2. Gain insights, access to critical information. From on-the-go techs to management, one of the biggest advantages of mobile is immediate access to real-time information. For example, technicians can access critical documents from the field. Or, do a global database search from the field should a complexity pop up (when itâs often most needed). With an assetâs complete work history at your fingertips, mobile CMMS becomes an incredibly useful tool. And the ability for techs to update job progress gives organizations access to critical metrics, such as average response times, average completion times, and total downtime. Overall, access to information fosters an organization-wide culture of productivity and collaboration.
3. Go green. Think of the cabinets full of asset records, work histories, and more (who knows what youâll find if you dig deep). A new job pops up on the calendar, and itâs status quo to find documentation, print copies for a tech, then re-file new paperwork once the work order is completed. Itâs a vicious cycle and one that limits scalable growth.
A mobile platform is essential if youâre committed to going paperless. Rather than copies and printouts, disseminate job information with the click of a button. Files are stored directly to a techâs deviceâconvenient and eco-friendly. These digital documents, attached to work requests, can be accessed from anywhere. The entire process saves time, supports growth and enables a mobile team. At then end of the day, paperless processes makes the job easier and soften an organizational footprint.
Are you ready to get started with a top-notch mobile CMMS? Test drive Maintenance ConnectionÂ with a free trial today!