As the Medical Center for Oregon’s South Coast, Bay Area Hospital offers a comprehensive range of diagnostic and therapeutic services, including medical, surgical, pediatric, critical care, home health, and other specialties. A state-the-art cardiac catheterization program and two hyperbaric oxygen therapy chambers are just some of the high-tech care solutions the hospital offers.
Bay Area Hospital was using a smaller CMMS for basic maintenance management, but as the hospital began experiencing increased growth, this smaller system struggled to keep up with complex requirements. The hospital needed an easier way to track compliance and produce detailed reports of maintenance performed across its facilities and equipment.
- A growing number of employees with the need to input maintenance requests
- Difficulty in easily proving compliance with government and other regulations
- Lack of an enterprise solution connecting multiple departments
By implementing Maintenance Connection, Bay Area Hospital created a single, online repository for asset records across the organization. Preventative Maintenance (PM) procedures are now set up to align with manufacturer recommendations and tied to related assets. With configurable reporting, the team can also generate specific reports to meet various management and compliance needs.
A single source of both asset and preventative maintenance information
The ability for non-technicians to easily request maintenance
Detailed reporting for increased visibility into maintenance operations
Maintenance Connection has helped Bay Area Hospital to increase visibility into maintenance staff productivity and improve maintenance operations. A growing number of staff members are now empowered to submit maintenance service requests, and hospital-wide integration means each department can use the CMMS to provide maximum return on investment.
- A streamlined and 24/7 online maintenance request system to support an increasing number of users
- Cross-departmental access to a central source of asset data
- Improved adherence to manufacturer PM recommendations
- Detailed maintenance records for easier compliance with Joint Commission (JCAHO) accreditation standards