Process manufacturing industries produce a wide variety of products, but their maintenance program goals are usually quite similar:
- Reduce downtime
- Extend equipment life through preventive and predictive maintenance
- Accelerate service requests and speed time to repair
- Improve planning and labor productivity
- Gain maintenance intelligence
- Improve maintenance performance
- Establish standards
- Optimize inventory and reduce stockouts
To meet their goals, maintenance teams need to have access to accurate information anytime and from anywhere, or everything slows down, leading to labor inefficiencies and even possible safety risks and accidents. Document change management is also challenging as it’s often difficult to communicate back to the engineering team in a timely manner. Another hurdle is how to best hand over new and revised as-built documents from engineering to maintenance.
In this webinar, you’ll see how to overcome these challenges by integrating your engineering document management system (EDMS) with your computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).