Alaska Airlines is the fifth-largest U.S. airline based on passenger traffic. Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, the airline offers flights to more than 100 destinations, including Alaska, Hawaii, Costa Rica, and Mexico. It has been ranked highest in customer satisfaction in the J.D. Power North America Airline Satisfaction Study for 12 consecutive years in a row and is known for embracing innovative technology to improve the customer experience.
With customer service at the top of its priority list, Alaska Airlines knew that equipment downtime or unsatisfactory conditions for passengers were not options. The organization needed a system to manage thousands of assets across 100+ airport locations, including hangars, fuel tanks, baggage systems, jet bridges and more. It also needed to track maintenance needs and avoid equipment downtime across the fleet of aircrafts.
- No system for tracking work order status
- Lack of real-time visibility into project status across technicians and facility management
- Mission-critical assets needed in safe and clean conditions
Alaska Airlines selected Maintenance Connection for asset management, work order tracking, and preventive maintenance (PM) schedules. Thousands of technicians, along with personnel from facility management companies Sodexo and NANA Management Services, use work order tracking to maintain assets and ensure airport facilities are operating safely and efficiently.
- Create work orders directly in the system without technicians leaving the field
- Real-time asset status throughout the update cycle
- Preventive maintenance scheduling to avoid breakdowns
Thanks to Maintenance Connection, the Alaska Airlines team can pinpoint system deficiencies and quickly complete work order requests, which has directly led to better travel experiences and safer environments for passengers and employees. In fact, the organization’s Facilities Manager also credits the Maintenance Connection implementation as a significant factor in continually being rated so highly in airline customer satisfaction studies.
- Full visibility into work orders status across all locations
- Improved equipment uptime through scheduled preventative maintenance
- Safer environment for all passengers and airline employees
- Maintain a clear record on KPIs, vendors, and budget with proper upkeep of maintenance history